New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Mini it is!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Fisher85

Fisher85 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ipod Nano 8GB, Ipad Mini Retina 3G 32GB, Macbook Air 13"

So I've been thinking a lot over the last week about my future with the Mac. After a lot of thought, I have decided that I am going to go for a Mac Mini rather than a full blown iMac at the moment. The costs of a full iMac are just a bit too prohibitive at the moment and I don't want to be pulled into a 24 month finance agreement when I can buy a brand new top spec (ie the best mac mini) Mac Mini outright in one go.

The only question that I want to ask, does anyone know when the next Mac Mini re-fresh will be occurring? Given what I'll be using it for, I suppose its not actually a big deal, I am just curious.

Cheers,
Fisher
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher85 View Post
The only question that I want to ask, does anyone know when the next Mac Mini re-fresh will be occurring?
Nope...if we did it would only be a guessing game. But...the number of days since the last Mac-Mini update is beyond the average for previous updates.

So if you can hold off...the "smart money" says wait & see. But how long is anyone's guess.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Fisher85

Fisher85 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ipod Nano 8GB, Ipad Mini Retina 3G 32GB, Macbook Air 13"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Nope...if we did it would only be a guessing game. But...the number of days since the last Mac-Mini update is beyond the average for previous updates.

So if you can hold off...the "smart money" says wait & see. But how long is anyone's guess.

- Nick
Ah fair enough. I might just go ahead and buy one in a few weeks, I'm not going to need anything too fancy for what I will be using it for, so its not too important, I was just wondering
QUOTE Thanks
pod

pod will become famous soon enough

And here it is:

The New mac Mini! The Mactini - YouTube
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Choice iMac - MacbookPro | Crashed hard drive/data recovery »