New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Word for Mac Won't Print Page Ranges

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

christineglover

christineglover is on a distinguished road

I have a brand new iMac with fully updated software, including the Word for Mac WP program. I can't print page ranges or multiple copies of one page using WORD 2011 for Mac and it's really a problem for me. Please tell me what to do to fix this issue. I did not have this issue on my Macbook laptop.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Welcome to the Mac Forums.

The ability to print a range of pages or multiple copies depends entirely on your printer and the functions that its driver supports. I use Word 2011 for all our business documents and have no problem printing a range of pages or multiple copies on both my HP LaserJet and Epson printers.

Make sure you have the latest driver support for your printer. How old is the printer and which one are you using? Give us the make and model number and we can check to see if drivers are available for Mavericks. (Your new iMac has Mavericks installed.)
QUOTE Thanks
christineglover

I have a Canon MG6320 which I purchased in 2013. Where do I get the drivers if it isn't compatible? And why can my other application programs and emails print page ranges on it if it is the problem? Is it only a problem with Word for Mac?

Thanks for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Can you be more specific? Do you get an error or is the function just not available?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
christineglover

OK, I am frustrated. I went to the Canon website and downloaded the new printer driver for the iMac MAVERICKS operating system. I've rebooted the computer and opened up a doc in Word for Mac and tried to print a range of pages to no avail. I can't even tell if the new driver has been installed. I just emailed Canon about this situation and will probably call tomorrow, but the new driver is installed and I am experiencing the same problem.

There is no error message. Word for Mac simply won't print pages in range or multiple copies. All my other applications are fine.

Is this a Microsoft problem or an iMac problem or a weird combination of both? I can't afford another printer and should not have to buy one to do my work.

Any suggestions? I'm fresh out of ideas.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is no error message. Word for Mac simply won't print pages in range or multiple copies. All my other applications are fine.

Is this a Microsoft problem or an iMac problem or a weird combination of both? I can't afford another printer and should not have to buy one to do my work.
If all your other applications will print a range of pages and multiple copies, then the problem has to exist with Word. It certainly can not be the iMac. I just went through all the settings in Word 2011 and there is really nothing that can be changed that effect the settings for range of pages and multiple copies.

I think what has happened is your copy of Word has become corrupt or your "normal" template is broken. This article shows you how to replace the normal template with a new one. However, it may be best to completely uninstall Word and reinstall it new. Here are the Microsoft instructions to uninstall: LINK

Note: Uninstalling will not remove your documents or templates. They will be retained. If you decide to go this way, after reinstalling Office, you will need to update it to the latest by selecting the Office updater.
QUOTE Thanks
christineglover

I am very nervous about uninstalling Word because of all my writing documents. Are you completely sure I won't lose any of my word documents? I've backed everything up to Dropbox and onto a Thumb drive, but I'm still nervous.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

It's good to have a backup just in case, however, I've done the uninstall and reinstall routine several times with both Office 2008 and 2011 and have never lost anything. Your personal documents and templates are kept separate from the Office files and should not be touched.

You might want to try and replace your normal template first before reinstalling in case it's just the template that's causing problems. If it works, that saves all the trouble and worry of reinstalling. When you replace the normal template, all the changes that you made to the menu items and icons will revert back to the Word default. So be aware of that.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G5 ATI Radeon 9600 video card | Time machine Back up »