Thread: Macs for Sale

Macs for Sale

Macs for Sale
    Hello, I have a few Macs for sale... each one of them is in their original boxes and they have their original install disks and papers, etc. Does the fact that I have the original boxes and CDs and the papers and the fact that these all still work increase their value? I was going to list them on eBay tonight. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Raz0rEdge; 03-17-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Removed specific information

Macs for Sale
    Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    Look on eBay and other sites for the kinds of Macs you have and check out past sales to get an idea of what they are selling for.

Having all the originals (boxes, discs) and being in working order definitely increases the value. The newer the Mac is the higher the value as well..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Macs for Sale

Hi. Thanks for the quick response. I have been looking on eBay... especially at past sales. But the sales lately have not included the boxes and disks and papers. Oh well... I'll wing it I guess... start bidding at a bit higher than past sales that did not include the box, etc. and see what happens. Thanks again.

Macs for Sale
    Specs:
    L2011 15 MBP Quad 2.2 I7 OS X.10 16GB 240GB SSD & 500GB HDD (no Optical drive)
    You can also look at LEMswap (Low End Mac), it's just for selling apple and mac items. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lemswap

When I sell my macs, I usually look @ EveryMac, they have original and estimated current prices on the bottom of the machine specs pages. Mac Specs, Prices, Answers and Comparison @ EveryMac.com, Est. 1996
    I also look @ mac2sell, you put in the machine specs and it gives you an estimated value. Mac2Sell - Argus, Evaluation, Guide to used Mac, iPad, iPhone & iPod
    Of course, your only going to get what someone is willing to pay, not (usually) what you want to get.

I did buy my current Late 2011 MBP from ebay.
    iPad 2 iOS 8, iPhone 4s iOS 8, iPhone 6 iOS 8.

Macs for Sale

Hi Ferrarr. Thanks for the advice. I didn't realize that EveryMac had the prices on the bottom of the page. I've looked at Mac2Sell but the prices seem high compared to what people are paying on Ebay.

Macs for Sale
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.7.5
    I hate to say it guys...but those estimated current values on Everymac.com are totally totally worthless. They are EXTREMELY inaccurate.

I'll give a couple examples:

- Dual cpu 2.0ghz Powermac G5. Everymac's estimated current value is $350-$450. These actually sell on e-Bay for about $100 (I've seen them sell for as little as $55).

- 2008 13" MacBook 2.4ghz cpu. Everymac says estimated current value is $500-$600. This is totally insane. They're worth more like $250.

eBay is probably one of the best sources for current used Mac value's. And Mac2sell.net is a MUCH better place to go for used Mac estimated values.

- Nick
    Last edited by pigoo3; 03-17-2014 at 01:51 PM. Reason: grammer
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Macs for Sale
    Specs:
    As far as having the original box, original disks, papers, etc. It does increase the value a little bit...but not major.

What having these does do for someone selling a used computer is...it makes this computer a more desirable deal. What I mean is...if two computers are being sold (exact same)...and only one has the original box & disks...the computer with the box & disks will be more desirable & will probably sell faster.

How much this actually is in terms of $$$ is really hard to say. But the original box & disks will help a computer sell faster than one without these items.

- Nick
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

Macs for Sale
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    - 2008 13" MacBook 2.4ghz cpu. Everymac says estimated current value is $500-$600. This is totally insane. They're worth more like $250.
    LOL. Where the heck did they come up with those prices? Maybe they're Hong Kong or Singapore dollars... It was 2 years ago that I sold my 2008 White 2.4 GHz MacBook which was immaculate for $450.00 to a private individual.

Macs for Sale
    Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    LOL. Where the heck did they come up with those prices? Maybe they're Hong Kong or Singapore dollars... It was 2 years ago that I sold my 2008 White 2.4 GHz MacBook which was immaculate for $450.00 to a private individual.
    Ha ha...you definitely see what I'm saying about Everymac! $450 for your MacBook 2 years ago was a good price. But no way someone is going to pay $500-$600 for a 2008 MacBook now...when something MUCH newer & faster can be purchased for the same money...or even less.

About 10 years ago:

- when I didn't really know any better
    - eBay wasn't as user friendly
    - Mac2sell.net may not have even existed

...I used to believe the estimated used values mentioned on Everymac.com.

I actually think that the estimated values at Everymac used to be better years & years ago...but the values now are totally insane...and I don't think that Everymac is even updating them very often. Everymac should really just remove those estimated values. They are totally useless.

Even professional reseller websites for used computers (which generally have very high inflated prices)...still sell used computers for less than the Everymac.com estimates.

- Nick

p.s. It is possible...that Everymac.com is using the selling prices from reseller websites for their estimated values...rather than e-Bay. The reseller prices are really insane as well.

Macs for Sale
    I have some Macs I would give away that came from thrift stores and off the side of the road. Having media for the old machines is a must or its just a door stop.

Macs for Sale
    Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Mind you I have seen a iMac *Box Only* sell for $70 lol
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Thread Information