Desk Top Icons for web links
    I had a PC before and was able to drag my Web Links from my google favorites to my desk top and the icon would show, on my mac I can only get the Safari logo to show on the desk top with the Web Site decryption? The only one I have that works is Google Earth. Anyone know how to make this work?? Thanks :-)

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    I would think using the Favorites Bar would be a better option.

Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.12
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurel P View Post
    I had a PC before and was able to drag my Web Links from my google favorites to my desk top and the icon would show, on my mac I can only get the Safari logo to show on the desk top with the Web Site decryption? The only one I have that works is Google Earth. Anyone know how to make this work?? Thanks :-)
    Hi Laurel - welcome to the forum!

I'd have to agree that there are plenty of 'built-in' choices in Safari, such as the 'Favorites Bar' as already suggested, to organize your bookmarks, etc. Plus, maybe just me but I dislike a cluttered desktop.

If you've not explored Safari's ways to organize your web topics, then take a look @ the attached pic - look in the 'View' menu to have the 'Favorites Bar' visible (one under the URL) - the items w/ the arrow have multiple entries which are easily selected (I have my computer favs showing); also in View, the sidebar (on the left) can be made visible (wife does & I don't, so a personal option) - this contains your 'Bookmarks' & 'Reading List'. Finally, look @ the blue arrows - the + sign will add the current URL to your bookmarks, while the share icon gives you the option to add a web page(s) to your reading list.

Good luck and let us know if you have any questions or if these suggestions help - Dave

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information