New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Desk Top Icons for web links

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Laurel P

Laurel P is on a distinguished road

I had a PC before and was able to drag my Web Links from my google favorites to my desk top and the icon would show, on my mac I can only get the Safari logo to show on the desk top with the Web Site decryption? The only one I have that works is Google Earth. Anyone know how to make this work?? Thanks :-)
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I would think using the Favorites Bar would be a better option.
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel P View Post
I had a PC before and was able to drag my Web Links from my google favorites to my desk top and the icon would show, on my mac I can only get the Safari logo to show on the desk top with the Web Site decryption? The only one I have that works is Google Earth. Anyone know how to make this work?? Thanks :-)
Hi Laurel - welcome to the forum!

I'd have to agree that there are plenty of 'built-in' choices in Safari, such as the 'Favorites Bar' as already suggested, to organize your bookmarks, etc. Plus, maybe just me but I dislike a cluttered desktop.

If you've not explored Safari's ways to organize your web topics, then take a look @ the attached pic - look in the 'View' menu to have the 'Favorites Bar' visible (one under the URL) - the items w/ the arrow have multiple entries which are easily selected (I have my computer favs showing); also in View, the sidebar (on the left) can be made visible (wife does & I don't, so a personal option) - this contains your 'Bookmarks' & 'Reading List'. Finally, look @ the blue arrows - the + sign will add the current URL to your bookmarks, while the share icon gives you the option to add a web page(s) to your reading list.

Good luck and let us know if you have any questions or if these suggestions help - Dave

Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2014-03-06 at 11.20.22 AM.png (229.4 KB, 13 views)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G5 Problem Booting Up | Upgrading Power PC G5 »