Thread: Restore DVDs

Unhappy Restore DVDs
    My first Mac is an G5 1.8Mhz that I purchased last January. It came without any software restore disks. It 'didn't compute' at the time, as I have purchased pcs without any hard copy before, but now I suspect that they were misappropriated en-route.

Of course, I am just over my one year, so it seems that there is no way to contact Apple without buying a service contract.

Can anyone offer a suggestion? Is there some way I can make my own? Any place that I can buy a set?

London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Canada
    Specs:
    Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
    Quote Originally Posted by pennydini
    My first Mac is an G5 1.8Mhz that I purchased last January. It came without any software restore disks. It 'didn't compute' at the time, as I have purchased pcs without any hard copy before, but now I suspect that they were misappropriated en-route.

Of course, I am just over my one year, so it seems that there is no way to contact Apple without buying a service contract.

Can anyone offer a suggestion? Is there some way I can make my own? Any place that I can buy a set?
    Have you tried apple? Or are you speculating?

I just had apple restore my sytem back to stanadard after screwing up my hardrive. My discs were back at my home in chelsea. So I visited the local apple shop here I was state side and after they confirmed that I wa sthe owner of the machine. Proceeded to restore my system. I was very gratful to them and apple. Obviosly I did with out my dat but I had funvtioning system.

I would honestly give them a try apple have always bent over backwards to help me. Apple have helped me from the days when I use to purchase one machine to oday when I drop 22000 a year on apple IT, today.
    Who dare's wins... :ninja:

Thank you so much for the reply. My system is currently fine, but it's good to know that I may be able to take it to an Apple store if I really needed to.

However, what I would like to do is to acquire the set of retore dvds that I should have received with my purchase. Unfortuneately, I didn't realize that I should have had them until recently.

My concern is that an app may become corrupted and require re-installation and I won't be able to do it. I'd even be willing to pay for the dvds, however apparently one can't even contact Apple without a support contract number. (Is there a way?)

Does anyone know if I can burn my own set?

Thank you again, and if all else fails I'll try the Apple store to see if I can talk them into selling me a set.

London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Canada
    Specs:
    Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
    Quote Originally Posted by pennydini
    Thank you so much for the reply. My system is currently fine, but it's good to know that I may be able to take it to an Apple store if I really needed to.

However, what I would like to do is to acquire the set of retore dvds that I should have received with my purchase. Unfortuneately, I didn't realize that I should have had them until recently.

My concern is that an app may become corrupted and require re-installation and I won't be able to do it. I'd even be willing to pay for the dvds, however apparently one can't even contact Apple without a support contract number. (Is there a way?)

Does anyone know if I can burn my own set?

Thank you again, and if all else fails I'll try the Apple store to see if I can talk them into selling me a set.
    You could always clone your drive or doa complete back up. I have 8 og my machines as images on an external firwire drive for all data and usoftwrae etc. Also you can ring up apple customer service and ask them. Apple have never fobbed a customer off as far as I know. Explain the situation, as you dobt actully gain anything form just the discs as they dont load unless they find the correct hardware. There is a way to by pass that.

Or ebay I have seen people sell discs?

If you PM me I might be able to help you out. I need to know what you are running on your machine?
    Who dare's wins... :ninja:

Thread Information