New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Apple id query

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

benrymnd

benrymnd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac,intel core i3,processor speed 3.06ghz,processors 1,cores 2,L2 cache per core 256kb,L3 cache 4mb

I have just visited apple apps to download a recent update to garage band when click update the usual box appears the first part normally has my apple id already filled and the second part of the box requires my pass word,but today the apple id that was filled in was not my apple id(the filled in id was superfohn_bananendate@gmail)don't know were this came from but I cannot remove it as my apple id box is greyed out,put my apple password in the box provided just to see if the update would download.All I got was a box saying,This apple id has been disabled for security reasons clic to reset your account.Has anyone any ideas as to what this might be,have not clicked on reset my account in case this is a bug of some sorts.Any help would great.
regards Ray
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You (or someone) have installed a hacked application on the machine. A google search of that email address will return multiple results - this is one of the best posts on the subject.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
benrymnd

benrymnd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac,intel core i3,processor speed 3.06ghz,processors 1,cores 2,L2 cache per core 256kb,L3 cache 4mb

Thanks for the information,after following the leads from your advice I put the update item which was garage band into the trash then went back to the apps update and the 1 update that was there originally had disappeared so am hoping that was the app that was causing my problem.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

For others reading this, FYI: don't use an app update link on a 3rd party web site for any app that comes from the Mac App Store. Go directly to the App Store.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Getting corrupt checkerboard like images on my desktop? | PowerMac G5 disk drive not responding »