New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Screen sharing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

marybelleg

marybelleg is on a distinguished road

Hi

Could you please tell me,
I have a 27 iMac late 2013 also a mini mac mid 2011 with Parallels running windows 8 on the mini.

I was screen sharing i.e. using my mac 27 as the screen for the mini,all worked well until I installed Parallels 9 for windows 8 on the mini,what am I missing!!!!!!!!!
is there some thing I need to do to get screen sharing back up and running.
Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Kind regards
Mary
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

You haven't really told us your problem apart from it doesn't work now, so a little more info would go a long way. What doesn't work ?? What have you tried ? What happens when you try to get it working ?? That sort of stuff.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
marybelleg

Hi
I can no longer get to see the mini mac on my 27 iMac screen,pressing CMD & F2 does not bring the mini mac screen up i have checked that file sharing is on.
Not sure what else if anything I need to do.

Regards Mary
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I take it from your posts that you lose screen sharing when you're using Windows 8 in a Parallels 9 virtual machine? What happens when you close the Windows 8 virtual machine and go back to OS X, does screen sharing work once more?
QUOTE Thanks
marybelleg

Hi
Yes thats correct,all was fine until I installed Parallels and windows,closing the VM does not give me the ability again.
Regards Mary
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow when you installed Parallels 9 and setup the Windows 8 virtual machine it changed your display settings. I can't help you with Parallels 9 since I don't use it nor do I have Windows 8, however, when you close the virtual machine (shut it down completely, not suspend it) screen sharing should return to normal. You haven't really told us if you're completely shutting down the VM. Also, file sharing has nothing to do with sharing the screen when in OS X.
QUOTE Thanks
marybelleg

Hi
Yes I shut VM down rather than suspend it,I did not know file sharing has nothing to do with screen sharing,one learns something everyday!!!
shall have another go, thanks.

Regards Mary
QUOTE Thanks
marybelleg

Hi chscag

Have screen sharing up and running now, thank you,must have just suspended VM
Cheers Mary
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Thanks for posting back. Closing a VM can be deceiving since suspending it keeps it running in the background. That means the settings from the VM are still in effect. Closing it down is better.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Transferring data | iMac Black Screen On Bootup »