Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Feb 04, 2014
    Posts
    6
    (ask) mouse not responding
    hi folks

    I am currently in need of help with my Apple Mac
    Right now the mouse is not responding. When I tried to Force Quit, I was able to quit any applications I was currently opening EXCEPT "FINDER" application.


    Right now I can't use this Mac at all as I can't open my browser etc.

    I do need help .. urgently .. Thanks!

  2. #2


    Member Since
    Feb 04, 2014
    Posts
    6
    i have tried to swap mouse with other unit of MAC and it works..
    so in this case, there is some driver need to be upgraded so as to support this "faulty" mouse?

  3. #3

    vansmith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 19, 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,782
    Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Is it your mouse that isn't responding or Finder (or both)?

    You can't really quit Finder. The best you can do without making technical tweaks to the OS is relaunch it. You can push Option-Command-Esc, push up/down to Finder and then press enter to relaunch it.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

  4. #4


    Member Since
    Feb 04, 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    Is it your mouse that isn't responding or Finder (or both)?

    You can't really quit Finder. The best you can do without making technical tweaks to the OS is relaunch it. You can push Option-Command-Esc, push up/down to Finder and then press enter to relaunch it.
    hi

    it's solved by swapping mouse with other unit of iMac
    but for this so-called "faulty" mouse unable to work properly in the last iMac
    should I do upgrade of driver or is it incompatibility issue?

    for quitting Finder doesn't really matter right now.

    The problem I encountered previously was that, whenever I click on my mouse, the window will start expanding/glowing and minimizing.. Additionally, whenever I hover on those menu like File, View, Apple icon (on the top left hand corner of screen), there is NOTHING happened..

  5. #5

    RadDave's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 20, 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,280
    Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.11.5
    Quote Originally Posted by jackyjacky88 View Post
    hi

    it's solved by swapping mouse with other unit of iMac
    but for this so-called "faulty" mouse unable to work properly in the last iMac
    should I do upgrade of driver or is it incompatibility issue?

    for quitting Finder doesn't really matter right now.

    The problem I encountered previously was that, whenever I click on my mouse, the window will start expanding/glowing and minimizing.. Additionally, whenever I hover on those menu like File, View, Apple icon (on the top left hand corner of screen), there is NOTHING happened..
    Hello - first, what type of mouse are you using, e.g. Apple 'Magic Mouse' or other? Second, did this mouse work before on the iMac under question; if so, have you checked the battery level in System Preferences (see attached pic, red arrow)?

    Finally, check here Keyboard Shortcuts - there are numerous KB combinations that can control your computer. Dave
    .
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Feb 04, 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by RadDave View Post
    Hello - first, what type of mouse are you using, e.g. Apple 'Magic Mouse' or other? Second, did this mouse work before on the iMac under question; if so, have you checked the battery level in System Preferences (see attached pic, red arrow)?

    Finally, check here Keyboard Shortcuts - there are numerous KB combinations that can control your computer. Dave
    .
    this is a wired Apple Mouse..

    Before yesterday, everything was fine.. until suddenly last night issue appeared for this iMac
    I managed to swap with other mouse and issue solved already..

    But funny thing is, the so-called "faulty" mouse can work well on other iMac..
    Is there anything I should do, like update driver or stuff, for this case?

  7. #7

    vansmith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 19, 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,782
    Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Drivers are really something you can manage manually with OS X - everything is baked into the OS. Have you tried different USB ports? It's possible that the one port is broken.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

  8. #8


    Member Since
    Feb 04, 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    Drivers are really something you can manage manually with OS X - everything is baked into the OS. Have you tried different USB ports? It's possible that the one port is broken.
    I've tried all USB ports for this mouse but nothing different.

  9. #9

    RadDave's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 20, 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,280
    Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.11.5
    Quote Originally Posted by jackyjacky88 View Post
    I've tried all USB ports for this mouse but nothing different.
    Hi again Jacky.... - well, one of the cheapest devices that you can obtain for a computer is a mouse (I have several 'spares' - both wired & wireless) - why not just buy a new mouse of your choice and 'dump' the other one? A simple suggestion - Dave

  10. #10


    Member Since
    Feb 04, 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by RadDave View Post
    Hi again Jacky.... - well, one of the cheapest devices that you can obtain for a computer is a mouse (I have several 'spares' - both wired & wireless) - why not just buy a new mouse of your choice and 'dump' the other one? A simple suggestion - Dave
    if that's my device, I will be more than happy to buy new one..
    but since this is clients' iMac and they're a bit troublesome for not willing to buy new mouse.. I've got no choice here.. =(

  11. #11

    RadDave's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 20, 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,280
    Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.11.5
    Quote Originally Posted by jackyjacky88 View Post
    if that's my device, I will be more than happy to buy new one..
    but since this is clients' iMac and they're a bit troublesome for not willing to buy new mouse.. I've got no choice here.. =(
    Sorry Jacky.... - you used the phrase 'my Apple Mac' in your OP, so just assumed this was your computer - and hence my suggestion for a mouse replacement?

    In summary (let's call the mouse & Mac in question MouseA & MacA), 1) MouseA does not work on MacA; 2) A different mouse works fine on MacA; and 3) MouseA works fine on a different Mac - correct?

    Have you rebooted MacA since the problem occurred? If not, then worth a try; if still an issue (and assuming there are other User Accounts on MacA), you can log out of the account and into another one - might be a user account setting relative to the two devices? Finally, do you have a Time Machine backup on MacA? You could 'restore' to the day that MouseA was working on MacA. Dave

    P.S. you might want to also provide some information on the models of your Macs and also the OS X installed on each?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. dock not responding to mouse clicks
    By ejwc in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2014, 10:57 AM
  2. Keyboard and Mouse Pad not responding
    By msadah07 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 08:23 AM
  3. PLEASE HELP! Mouse and Keyboard not responding..
    By dondoola in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 06:11 PM
  4. mouse, trackpad, etc...not responding
    By aubrey in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 01:11 PM
  5. Mouse not responding
    By Pitman67 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 08:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •