Bluetooth Devices

Specs:
    3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB 1TB Serial ATA Drive AMD Radeon HD 697
    Bluetooth Devices
    I recently added an Apple Numeic Keypad to my late 2011 iMac. This means there are now four devices connected wirelessly to the iMac, the keyboard, trackpad, mouse and now the numeric keypad.
    When I go in to System preferences to check on the state of battery charges in these devices the keyboard, track pad and mouse all appear but the numeric keypad doesn't even though it is obviously connected since it works. Is there a limit to the number of wireless devices that will show up in System Preference? If there isn't how can I 'make' the numeric keypad appear?

Thanks in anticipation.

Bluetooth Devices
    Specs:
    L2011 15 MBP Quad 2.2 I7 OS X.10 16GB 240GB SSD & 500GB HDD (no Optical drive)
    Does it show that its connected under Bluetooth? Have you looked in some of the other System Preferences? Maybe trackpad? or mouse?

It would help if you posted OS version.

Bluetooth Devices
    Specs:
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.5
    Unusual question however SP may be able to determine only one keyboard. If the numeric is your gig just use it and put the other in a drawer with the batteries removed. For what it is worth after using the trackpad, the MM also went into the drawer along with wired kb and mouse as backups.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Bluetooth Devices

Specs:
    3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB 1TB Serial ATA Drive AMD Radeon HD 697
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Does it show that its connected under Bluetooth? Have you looked in some of the other System Preferences? Maybe trackpad? or mouse?

It would help if you posted OS version.
    My apologies I am using OSX 10.9.1.

In answer to your question it states that YourType Wireless Keypad is connected, however does not show the state of the battery for that device while it does for the others.

Bluetooth Devices
    Specs:
    Not familiar with YourType at all however the Apple Trackpad sure shows battery level with OS X.9.1.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Bluetooth Devices
    Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    My apologies I am using OSX 10.9.1.

In answer to your question it states that YourType Wireless Keypad is connected, however does not show the state of the battery for that device while it does for the others.
    Are the "Others" all products made by Apple, while the Keypad is not made by Apple? I know when I use my Jabra Bluetooth headphones, it doesn't show the battery state for them. In your original post, I thought you meant it was a Numeric Keypad made by Apple. It would be up to the manufacturer to include that in the software for the Keypad.

Bluetooth Devices

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Are the "Others" all products made by Apple, while the Keypad is not made by Apple? I know when I use my Jabra Bluetooth headphones, it doesn't show the battery state for them. In your original post, I thought you meant it was a Numeric Keypad made by Apple. It would be up to the manufacturer to include that in the software for the Keypad.
    All the Bluetooth devices are Apple products. The Track Pad and Numeric Keypad were bought at an Apple store.

Bluetooth Devices
    Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    All the Bluetooth devices are Apple products. The Track Pad and Numeric Keypad were bought at an Apple store.
    I believe this is what you're referring to Belkin YourType Bluetooth Wireless Keypad - Apple Store (U.S.), which is not made by Apple, it's made by Belkin. If you look at the first review at the bottom, you'll notice that was their complaint also.

Bluetooth Devices

Specs:
    PS

This is what appears in the System Preferences and Bluetooth respectively:

Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 11.38.18 am.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 11.38.35 am.png

As you can see the Keypad does not appear in the Device list but is there in the Bluetooth list but without a battery indicator.

Bluetooth Devices

Specs:
    Thank you ferrar that is indeed the case. In my naivety I thought that because it looked like the other Apple devices and was bought in an Apple store it was in fact Apple. A case of if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it isn't necessarily a duck. I will stop worrying about it now.

I must admit that I haven't experienced the connection problems mentioned in the other review.

Bluetooth Devices
    Specs:
    Sounds like you are talking about one of our platypus Wardy quacking and looking etc.

Thread Information