New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Now i am really angry!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacLover2011

MacLover2011 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: i Mac OS X Lion

My DVD drive is NOT WORKING AGAIN!!! This is after AppleCare already replaced the DVD in this iMac!!! They also replaced a video drive and repaired the operating system! Now I have to go back to AppleCare tomorrow because the DVD drive is not working again!!! I am seriously annoyed and disappointed with Apple!! I am losing faith in the Apple Brand! I am going to demand Apple gives me a new Apple iMac!! Can you blame me? I only have until May of this year before my Apple care runs out! I am sure that they have all my records in their AppleCare system to see how many times I went in, right? This is pathetic!!! If they do replace my iMac how can I make sure they delete everything on my hard drive. Man, this is disappointing! This DVD is going to be do back to the library in a week.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLover2011 View Post
I am seriously annoyed and disappointed with Apple!! I am losing faith in the Apple Brand!
I understand your frustration. But just think how disappointed you would be if you were dealing with just about any other computer manufacturer.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
MacLover2011

MacLover2011 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: i Mac OS X Lion

After logging out and turning off my apple for 30 seconds, and placing everything on my desktop in the documents folder, the DVD drive worked again. So, it's working again. But I am still not comfortable with this. I am going to still bring this iMac to the AppleStore and suggest I get a new iMac. Do you think this is a smart move?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

That's great to hear.

I don't know what your level of "computer savviness" is. But you have to realize that using a computer (even a Mac) isn't just about turning it on & turning it off.

There are some basic computer troubleshooting and maintenance things every Mac computer owner should know (but don't). This is where a large percent of questions on Mac-Forums come from.

There are also "good" computing habits and "bad" computing habits.

What I'm basically trying to say is…it's very possible many issues that Mac computer owners (or any computer owners) run into can be their own doing. Either due to bad computing habits or being unaware of how to troubleshoot their computer or do some basic maintenance.

Did I learn these things overnight…no. But anyone unaware & interested...needs to start somewhere.

Bottom line. Computer issues (software or hardware) are not automatically the fault of the manufacturer. Many of these issues can originate with the user.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
I am going to still bring this iMac to the AppleStore and suggest I get a new iMac. Do you think this is a smart move?
Whether or not it's a smart move is for you to determine. And I don't think Apple will give you a new iMac just because they replaced the DVD drive. I recently had a hard drive replaced in my 2011 iMac which was still covered by Apple Care. I guess I should have asked them to give me a new iMac instead?
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Well if the iMac is running Lion as per your avatar it is getting on for two years old and do not think you will get a replacement. If you have AppleCare keep a close eye on the optical drive.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
dotdotdot

dotdotdot is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 2.5 i5 8G RAM OS X 10.9.2 (12C60)

If you have a "relationship" with Apple - having bought multiple products from them over the years ($!) - then it's possible they will replace the entire unit. Like service from a new car dealer: they will bend over backwards if you are a regular customer. Let us know how it goes.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« autofill not working, please help me | Mac Mini will not boot from any device. »