Specs:
    L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
    Max HDD size for Mac Mini L2012
    I been looking online without any luck. But does anyone know for sure what the largest HDD a Mac Mini will support? Not the 1TB it came with, but whats the largest I can put in my Late 2012 Mac Mini.

I got the kit coming from the states from OWC for the 2nd drive, all I really needed was the small ribbon cable. But before I pull it apart again, I was thinking about a larger drive other then the original 1TB that came with it. Photography RAW files eat up space pretty bad.

Thanks,
    Joe

Joe's Photo & Video Channel on YouTube
    Lightroom, Photoshop, FCP, Gear Reviews and more...
    ***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    THere is no limit, as long as you can find a Sata drive of the right size then it will work. 2 TB is the max size 2.5 inch drive currently made.

For RAW files, it would be better to archive them off to an external 4 TB unit, rather than spend a lot more on an internal 2 TB drive
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Specs:
    L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
    Quote Originally Posted by louishen View Post
    THere is no limit, as long as you can find a Sata drive of the right size then it will work. 2 TB is the max size 2.5 inch drive currently made.

For RAW files, it would be better to archive them off to an external 4 TB unit, rather than spend a lot more on an internal 2 TB drive
    I have a 2TB NAS I was going to convert to my main TC backup. But yea, looks like 2TB is the limit at the moment on 2.5's. I do however have a WD My Book Studio 2TB on my want list, but I am curious what "real" speeds will I get from a USB 3.0 on a single external drive. I am hoping for comparable internal HDD speeds (~90MB/s R/W). My NAS is SLOW.. It only gets 30MB/s on a good day, plus access is very slow on start up. It would make a better Time Capsule backup..

Joe's Photo & Video Channel on YouTube
    Lightroom, Photoshop, FCP, Gear Reviews and more...
    ***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***

Thread Information