New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

New Mac Pro Released

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

For folks interested in the new Mac Pro (just curious or looking to purchase)...here's some info regarding some pricing for different "build to order" options:

Mac Pro build-to-order upgrade pricing revealed – MacDailyNews - Welcome Home

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

Awesome, thanks Nick.

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

New Mac Pro released announcement:

Apple - Press Info - All New Mac Pro Available Starting Tomorrow

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

New Mac Pro shipping date slips to February 2014:

iClarified - Apple News - New Mac Pro Ship Date Slips to February 2014

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
New Mac Pro shipping date slips to February 2014:

iClarified - Apple News - New Mac Pro Ship Date Slips to February 2014

- Nick
Interesting . . . when I checked this morning it showed 30 Dec as ship date. That is a big change in just a few hours.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavingMac View Post
Interesting . . . when I checked this morning it showed 30 Dec as ship date. That is a big change in just a few hours.
I read somewhere that the delays were due to a shortage of cpu's from Intel...and theories that the transition to "Assembled In USA" isn't going as smooth as desired.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I read somewhere that the delays were due to a shortage of cpu's from Intel...and theories that the transition to "Assembled In USA" isn't going as smooth as desired.

- Nick
Surprises me they released under those circumstances, or it is selling better than anticpated. I did a configuration order at the Apple Store web site about 9:00 this morning, just to see what it would cost. At that time the site was listing 30 Dec as the projected ship date.
Checked this afternoon after reading your post and it was 14 Feb.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavingMac View Post
Surprises me they released under those circumstances, or it is selling better than anticpated.
I'm assuming something happened (unexpectedly) since the announcement in Sept./Oct. when Apple said that the new Mac Pro would be available in December.

What surprised me is...if someone at Apple felt the need to stick to that statement/timing...I'm not sure waiting until Dec. 19th was the best thing. I know that sometimes companies make an announcement like this (close to a major holiday) in the hopes that it will receive less media attention...and "blow-back" from consumers. Especially when they know they won't be able to satisfy consumers.

The consumer products companies that I've worked for would NEVER make a new product announcement/release like this basically right before Christmas. Mid/Late-November (Thanksgiving) and December are always big no-no's for this sort of thing. Unless it's a product like the new XBox or PS4 that depends heavily on Christmas sales to make a "Big Year".

AND...assuming that there were some new Mac Pro's in stock (either online or in stores)...not having enough of the them was kind of silly. Since it seems that if there were some in stock...the stock was pretty "thin".

Also (I guess)...the many Mac diehards can't say Apple fibbed back in Sept/Oct that the new Mac Pro was going to be available in Dec. (now that it's been "technically" released). I guess what Apple didn't promise was that enough units would be available.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Pro Freezes momentarily and frequently | Out Of Town »