New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Intel iMac dead pixel problem fixed?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

moosegoose

I have heard that Apple fixed the problem with it's dead pixels in iMac's (Intel). Is this true? I was looking into an iMac and saw this problem arise and it scared me out of thinking of the new iMac as an option...
QUOTE Thanks
BoingoBongo

My 20" Intel had a dead pixel. I sent it back and ordered another one yesterday (that shipped yesterday and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! Dang!), and I hope it doesn't have any problems.

Dead pixels don't have anything to do with processors. The only way to "fix" the problem as I understand it is to really tighten up on quality control. Of course, that could cause the prices of products to rise.

Let's just hope you and I (and everyone else here) don't get any dead pixels.
QUOTE Thanks
thadoggfather

thadoggfather is an unknown at this point

I don't think mine had any on my 17" but I suspect 20" are more probable to have them just because it's more surface area.
QUOTE Thanks
moosegoose

I heard it was prevalent in the 256MB video cards rather than the 128 (17''). We'll see.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bought an iMac 17" today | Mac Mini - Is it worth waiting for Intel? »