New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Install Sims 1 on Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dolliest_chelle

dolliest_chelle is on a distinguished road

I have the PC version of the sims 1 and have no idea on how to install it onto my MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolliest_chelle View Post
I have the PC version of the sims 1 and have no idea on how to install it onto my MacBook Pro
Solution #1:

Purchase the Macintosh version of Sims 1. But remember...this only works if you have an older Macintosh computer running an older version of the Mac OS. The Macintosh version of Sims 1 most likely will not run on a newer Macintosh running a newer version of the Mac OS.

Solution #2:

Read this:

Running Windows on a Mac: A Switcher's Guide

I think that if you have an older Macnitosh computer (running an older version of the Mac OS)...solution #1 is the MUCH less expensive & less hassle approach...then trying to run the Windows version of Sims 1 on a Mac.

HTH,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
dolliest_chelle

dolliest_chelle is on a distinguished road

thank you nick,

I have the newest version of OS so do i still follow through will installing the windows thing onto my MacBook Pro?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolliest_chelle View Post
thank you nick,

I have the newest version of OS so do i still follow through will installing the windows thing onto my MacBook Pro?
The newest version of the Mac OS doesn't really matter...since you're talking about the Windows version of Sims 1. Even if you had the Macintosh version of Sims 1...because you are running the latest version of the Mac OS...Sims 1 for the Macintosh most likely wouldn't run (Sims 1 for the Mac is too old for the latest Mac OS version).

So...if you did still want to run Sims 1 (Windows version) that you have...you would need to install Windows on your Mac (using one of the methods in the link provided earlier). Remembering...that you would have to install a version of Windows that is compatible with the Sims 1 Windows version (which may be Windows XP).

I want to warn you...this can be a somewhat complicated & possibly expensive process...just to play a 12 year-old game.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New iMac, anti virus? | Photo burn »