New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

burn audio

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ZVHR

ZVHR is on a distinguished road

i tried to burn audio to a disc but it only will play on my mac not on a cd player. instructions please
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Did you burn it as an audio disk or MP3? It has to be burned as an audio disk for it to play on most stand alone and auto CD players. It sounds like you may have burned it as an MP3 or burned it for Mac only.
QUOTE Thanks
ZVHR

its a cd-r disc 52x 700 mb. i think i burned as mp3 how do i do it for cd player. thx for responding
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

You need to burn it as an audio disk not MP3. The free "Burn" application is able to do that. Download LINK It's open source and free.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

These directions should get you going in the right direction. they are for version 10 of iTunes but I don't think the process has changed in 11. You might also want to give the free program Burn a try. I have not used it in a while but it is pretty straightforward.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
ZVHR

thx i downloaded burn but cannot figure out how to use. need help
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Click on the Burn app to open it. Click on the "Audio" tab, type in the title of the CD, drag the music from your music library and drop it in the blank space provided. Insert a blank CD or DVD and press the burn button at the bottom right. The program will calculate if there's enough room on the disk. Keep in mind that an audio file is large - much larger than an MP3.
QUOTE Thanks
ZVHR

THx. followed steps. wont allow burn. the burn tag is not blue
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac A1173 2006 Upgrade Help Please! | My iMac keeps having panic attacks only at a certain time »