New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Picking up a new 27" iMac tomorrow

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lrd

lrd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

The high end config I want is exactly what is carried in the local Apple stores (CPU, GPU maxed out, 1TB Fusion drive, and 8GB of memory)...and the local store has them in stock.

I'm so excited...
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Very Nice. I've had mine for a few weeks now and am loving it. Upgrade the RAM to 16Gb and go to town!

QUOTE Thanks
lrd

Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

I'm probably buying another 16GB for 24G total. Way overkill perhaps but I plan to run VMFusion/Windows 7 continuously so having 8GB dedicated to Win7 and 16GB left for Photoshop is perfect.
QUOTE Thanks
IWT

Location: Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
IWT is a jewel in the roughIWT is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2010 27" iMac 16GB RAM, SSD & 1TB IHD (Lion) + 2013 27" iMac Fusion SSD & 3TB IHD, 32GB (Mavericks)

Good for you, Ird. Enjoy. Your excitement justified, I'm sure.

Ian
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrd View Post
The high end config I want is exactly what is carried in the local Apple stores (CPU, GPU maxed out, 1TB Fusion drive, and 8GB of memory)...and the local store has them in stock.

I'm so excited...
I bought the same one. I actually opted for the 3TB version but I couldn't wait. The delivery date was just too far away need it for school. >_<"

I got lucky that day for sure because there was only Two left when I called. Drove like a maniac to the Apple store and walked out with a huge box. Needles to say I had a very wide grin as I was walking out the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Very Nice. I've had mine for a few weeks now and am loving it. Upgrade the RAM to 16Gb and go to town!
I got 32GB of RAM installed two days after I got my iMac. Crazy I know.

Quote:
I'm probably buying another 16GB for 24G total. Way overkill perhaps but I plan to run VMFusion/Windows 7 continuously so having 8GB dedicated to Win7 and 16GB left for Photoshop is perfect.
No I don't think it's overkill. Your Mac will find a way to use all that RAM.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
No I don't think it's overkill. Your Mac will find a way to use all that RAM.
Yep. And especially for those new buyers of the 21.5" version of the iMac. Max out that memory now or forever hold your peace!
QUOTE Thanks
lrd

Say hello to my not-so-little friend!

Compared to my 15" MacBook Pro it's a BEAST. Haven't had a chance to really test the speed but I don't have enough on my hard drive to swamp the Fusion drive flash...photoshop opens in a FLASH!

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Say hello to my not-so-little friend!
Hello

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« install memory | new keyboard »