Getting started?
    I have a couple of apple products (ipod, iphone, ipad), but never use any sharing between them. I want to by a front end for my house, but don't know what i should buy to get the most out the products. I want to start sharing videos, music, and pictures. Where do most people store the videos, music, and pictures? Would buying a mac book with an external wireless drive be the best route? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Whether you get a notebook or desktop really depends on your needs and how you would use it. Once you figure that out, you can sync your iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod) with your Mac using iTunes and iPhoto. You can also implement iCloud for access to all your music, docs, photos, etc. on your iOS devices and your Mac.

An external backup drive is always a good idea regardless of what devices, computers you use/own. If you get a Mac, get an external backup of some kind (just about any brand is fine) and run regular Time Machine backups and it never hurts to have a bootable clone of your HDD with Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper! Both fine cloning apps that most forum members use and recommend.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Thread Information