Cracked iMac screen.

Angry Cracked iMac screen.
    Hi

This is my first post here as brand new mac user. I decided to purchase the new iMac. However not all has gone well, firstly I knocked it off the desk and shattered the screen on New years day. Insurance claim was processed and after an extra 200 excess I had a like for like replacement.

I have woken up this morning and gone to use it and noticed a thumb sized crack / chip on the right edge. I can categorically say that no collision or accidental damage was done this time to cause this damage.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this. I have an appointment with a genius in the store on Tuesday evening and am prepared to fight this very strongly as I am convinced there must have been a manufacturing defect in the glass. Pics are posted below. The side shot shows no damage at all to the casing.

Thanks everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cracked iMac screen.
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    Has anybody else experienced anything like this. I have an appointment with a genius in the store on Tuesday evening and am prepared to fight this very strongly as I am convinced there must have been a manufacturing defect in the glass. Pics are posted below. The side shot shows no damage at all to the casing.
    Good luck with your fight. Every case of this that has been reported in these forums wound up the same way... Apple refusing to replace the screen under the warranty. (As you know, accidental damage is not covered under the Apple warranty.)

Cracked iMac screen.

It wasnt accidental damage. The glass cracked with no collision or intervention from third party. There must be cases of defective glass being used in these or similar products? Or can any company fit what they like and then say you damaged it. Surely there is testing that can be done to prove this? anyway UK law stipulates the retailer has to prove the unit was not damaged at time of sale within first six months of purchase. Consumers here have very strong rights.

Cracked iMac screen.
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Philmed1975 View Post
    anyway UK law stipulates the retailer has to prove the unit was not damaged at time of sale within first six months of purchase. Consumers here have very strong rights.
    You should have told us you are in the UK...that's what your Mac-Forums profile is for!

Like you mentioned...folks in the UK do have some special consumer rights which can in handy from time to time. But then again...those special consumer rights come at a cost...which I'm sure leads to higher prices in the UK as well!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information