New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Ordered a New 21.5" iMac Yesterday

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

I went back and forth with getting a refurbished or the new model, but ultimately went with a new one. Bumped up the RAM because we'll be using a VM, architect design app, and Aperture on occasion. I think 2.7 GHz will be sufficient - everything we're doing with those apps is purely for fun. Nothing on the professional level. Plus I had to keep within a budget, so I couldn't max everything out.

Looks like it could take 2 - 3 weeks to get here, but I'm hoping it's a little sooner than that.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Congrats...I'm sure it's going to be a lonngggg 2-3 weeks waiting for delivery!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Awesome! You're going to love it, I'm sure. It's a gorgeous and fast machine..

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
Awesome! You're going to love it, I'm sure. It's a gorgeous and fast machine..

Doug
Indeed it is. I <3 my 27" iMac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Congrats...I'm sure it's going to be a lonngggg 2-3 weeks waiting for delivery!

- Nick
I couldn't wait. I ordered mine online the day they were released on the website. Look at the shipping date Jan 2. >_>" I was like no thanks. Waited two weeks and called my nearest Apple store asking if they had any of the new 27" iMacs in. They said they had two. Drove like a maniac to the store and got myself the last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
I went back and forth with getting a refurbished or the new model, but ultimately went with a new one. Bumped up the RAM because we'll be using a VM, architect design app, and Aperture on occasion. I think 2.7 GHz will be sufficient - everything we're doing with those apps is purely for fun. Nothing on the professional level. Plus I had to keep within a budget, so I couldn't max everything out.

Looks like it could take 2 - 3 weeks to get here, but I'm hoping it's a little sooner than that.

You made a good choice. I'm sure you will be happy with your purchase. I already named her.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Interesting your AppleCare protection charge of $169.00. We poor mugs Down Under are charged $268.00 with the AU dollar being some 5% over the US dollar.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Izakbar

Izakbar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook pro 15" HDAG Late 2011, quad core i7 2.5, 256ssd/750hdd 16gb memory|IPhone 5 32gb|iPad 3 64G

Congrats. Enjoy she will be a speedy beasty
QUOTE Thanks
pharealmac

pharealmac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 27 I5-MBA 13-Ipad 2 Iphone 4 -ATV 2G

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
Interesting your AppleCare protection charge of $169.00. We poor mugs Down Under are charged $268.00 with the AU dollar being some 5% over the US dollar.
Your right we here in AU get stung on apple care..
QUOTE Thanks
pharealmac

pharealmac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 27 I5-MBA 13-Ipad 2 Iphone 4 -ATV 2G

Quote:

You are very luck-I am jelous, they are a beast of a machine & sexy to
I got the 27 i5 2011 2.7ghz 12 g ram model- I am realy thinking of selling
it to put towards a 2012 model. congrats on your purchase,enjoy..
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Well, here it is. Arrived today.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Izakbar

Izakbar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook pro 15" HDAG Late 2011, quad core i7 2.5, 256ssd/750hdd 16gb memory|IPhone 5 32gb|iPad 3 64G

Nice
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Very Nice! I'm amazed at how thin they are!

My 27 inch iMac was out for delivery yesterday, a full two days early. Since no one was home they didn't leave it (which is good!). My wife's going to leave the pre-signed paperwork on the door and a neighbor will hold it until she gets home.

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, here it is. Arrived today.
Yeyyyyy!!!

Even the box looks thin!

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Yeyyyyy!!!

Even the box looks thin!

- Nick
You can't tell from his picture, but the box my wife's new iMac came in was tapered at the top so as to be smaller than the bottom of the box.

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
You can't tell from his picture, but the box my wife's new iMac came in was tapered at the top so as to be smaller than the bottom of the box.
Ahh I see...Apple is so tricky!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

Just got delivery confirmation from FEDEX that my 27 inch iMac was delivered today. To bad I'm out of town until Saturday!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bad Logic Board in 2008 iMac | Bad SuperDrive? »