New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Fixed my G5!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Air

Air is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: See Signature

Just fixed my G5! I thought it was a dead motherboard, but it was: half of my ram, and a fan that was bad.

Upgrades Done/To Do:

Flash 256MB GeForce 6200 & Install - NEED TO DO
Add 3GB of XMS 400 RAM (Silver Heatspreader) - DONE
Add 1GB of XMS 400 RAM (Silver Heatspreader) - ORDERED, HAS NOT ARRIVED
Add 750GB Samsung HD753LJ HDD - DONE
Replace Fan - Done
Add Black 4 Port USB 2.0 Card - ORDERED, HAS NOT ARRIVED
Install Leopard - DONE

It's a June 2004 Dual 2GHz.

[Main Laptop/Computer] [April 2006] 17" MacBook Pro | 2.33GHz C2D | 4GB DDR2 RAM | 120GB Intel 320 SSD | Lion 10.7.5
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Congratulations.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

What will you use it for?
QUOTE Thanks
rfomlover

rfomlover is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mid 2012 i7 13" MBP & PowerMac G5 2.5 Quad 8GB QFX

So you are going to be able to get a non apple video card to work? Or by flash did you mean you were going to flash it to the necessary specifications so that it would work on the G5?
QUOTE Thanks
Air

Air is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: See Signature

Flash a non-apple graphics card to be used. Don't really know what I'm going to use it for. I can figure something out though.

[Main Laptop/Computer] [April 2006] 17" MacBook Pro | 2.33GHz C2D | 4GB DDR2 RAM | 120GB Intel 320 SSD | Lion 10.7.5
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« early 2006 imac help | G4 Quicksilver 733Mhz dead »