New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac 24" mid 2007 woes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rob K

Rob K is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17", 2.2ghz i7m, 8GB RAM, 750HDD, Rad 6750 1GB

Hi

After a bit of advice re my (above) iMac.

Last week working fine, this week rebooting on a loop with the attached details coming up on screen just before rebooting.

configuration as follows:
iMac 24", 2.4 ghz, 512 video, 320gb hdd, 4gb RAM running OS X 10.8.

HDD is only about 50%

Many thanks, in advance, for your help.

Regards

Rob K
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo - Version 2 (1 of 1).jpg (218.6 KB, 27 views)
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

It looks like a kernel panic but I can't be sure of what it's telling us. Can you post the entire KP log entry instead of a photo?
QUOTE Thanks
Rob K

Thanks for your reply chscag.

I am afraid that seems to be all I can get out of the iMac at the moment. All that happens when I boot up is a reboot loop with that small amount of information coming up, for maybe a second or two, right before it reboots again.

If you are able to advise how I might circumvent the reboot loop and where to access the KP log I will try to pull off and post.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

See if you can get it to boot up in Safe Mode: Reboot, but hold down the shift key as soon as you hear the boot chime. If it boots in Safe Mode, you may be able to find out what's happening from the logs.
QUOTE Thanks
Rob K

Thanks. I ve tried reboot to safe mode as you suggested but no go. No sound on boot either. Just a short message saying there has been a problem booting last time and to wait a few secs or press any key to continue. It then goes on to apple logo then the text comes up that I posted as attachment above. Not good me thinks!
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Try using Lion Recovery and check out the hard drive for starters:-

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« waking imac acting oddly | Anybody buy a recent WD USB drive for their Mac? »