New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Displayport input on imac 27"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

techgeek

techgeek is on a distinguished road

I have a pc and am planning on buying a graphics card with a display-port output. I also have an imac 27" (the original type that doesn't use thunderbolt) will I be able to connect the display-port(not mini) on my pc to the mini display-port on my mac and use the mac as a monitor?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

If you can find the correct adapter, you should be able to connect to the video input port on the 27" iMac. You might want to take a look on the monoprice web site. They have one of the largest selections of cables and adapters available.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Imac won’t restore from Time Machine backup after HD recall replacement | My wireless keyboard has gone grungy »