New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac weird sound..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dunkanfreak

Dunkanfreak is on a distinguished road

hi so i've had my 2011 iMac for about 6 months now and this sound is killing me any help would be appreciated
listen here: Memo.m4a - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Omar Rob
looking at my iMac from the back it is coming from the lower left corner
i hope i'm posting this in the right place since it is my first ever on this site..
Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The link you provided requires a login to the site. If you say that looking from the back of your iMac the sound comes from the lower left corner, that would be in the area of the optical drive.

Also, if your iMac is only 6 months old it's still under warranty. You can always make an appointment with the genius bar at your local Apple store and take it on in. I know an iMac is not exactly portable, but they're not that difficult to carry if you still have the original box it came in.
QUOTE Thanks
Dunkanfreak

Dunkanfreak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
The link you provided requires a login to the site. If you say that looking from the back of your iMac the sound comes from the lower left corner, that would be in the area of the optical drive.

Also, if your iMac is only 6 months old it's still under warranty. You can always make an appointment with the genius bar at your local Apple store and take it on in. I know an iMac is not exactly portable, but they're not that difficult to carry if you still have the original box it came in.
Thank you for replying, i would love to upload it if you give me a better site. Also taking it to apple is not really an option, i'd have to travel to do that.. Thanks again
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Won't boot panic malloc | Mac on generator power, yes or no? »