Thread: dvd/home movies

dvd/home movies

dvd/home movies
    I recently dubbed all of my old VHS tapes over to DVD's & now I want to import them into idvd to streamline them for my kids. I am unable to upload them. Any ideas?

Thanks

dvd/home movies
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    iDVD is used for burning movies to disc. It sounds like by the term "streamline" that your intent is to edit them. For that, you would use iMovie.

How you import them into iMovie depends on what format you dubbed the VHS tapes to. iMovie can be used for this purpose, so I'm guessing you chose to use a different piece of software for this. Can you tell us about what format the footage files are in, and how you came to convert them to digital?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

dvd/home movies

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    iDVD is used for burning movies to disc. It sounds like by the term "streamline" that your intent is to edit them. For that, you would use iMovie.

How you import them into iMovie depends on what format you dubbed the VHS tapes to. iMovie can be used for this purpose, so I'm guessing you chose to use a different piece of software for this. Can you tell us about what format the footage files are in, and how you came to convert them to digital?
    I don't really know. I used a VHS player hooked up to a DVD recorder, hit record on the recorder & play on the VHS player & vavoom, 2 hours later in hit finalize on the recorder and it was done.

dvd/home movies
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Aha. So, you literally copied them from a VHS to a recordable DVD set top box. So, in essence, you will need to "rip" or convert the data from the DVDs into a format that iMovie can understand.

Here's an article that should help, just ignore the final step about exporting to FaceBook:

From DVD to iMovie to Facebook | Macworld
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

dvd/home movies

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Aha. So, you literally copied them from a VHS to a recordable DVD set top box. So, in essence, you will need to "rip" or convert the data from the DVDs into a format that iMovie can understand.

Here's an article that should help, just ignore the final step about exporting to FaceBook:

From DVD to iMovie to Facebook | Macworld
    Thanks! I'll give it a try!

Thread Information