Specs:
    21.5 iMac, Late 2011 Model. 500g HD, 16 Gigs RAM. Snow Leopard.
    Are Apple aware that there ARE other options out there
    Hi there,

I Went into Apple store here in Dublin yesterday as I am looking at buying a 21" iMac and their website says that the latest iMac will be released in Ireland in November.

I spoke to one of the staff in there and he said that they do not have the latest 21" nor 27" iMacs and do not know when they will have it. They also do not have any of the older versions left as they are being replaced by the new ones.

So the long and short of it is that if you went into Apple with up to €3000 to buy an iMac you cannot spend your money as they do not have new ones or old ones there for you to purchase.

As I have never bought an apple product before can someone tell me if this is standard business practise with Apple ?

Are they aware that there are other options in Computers out there, do they care about their customers or have they become so arrogant as to not really care to even update their website believing that people will wait as long as it takes to get their hand on their products ?

Mark S.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    edit:

Since having been pointed the error of my ways - thanks codda...

Still don't believe 'tis arrogance. Sort of doubt they expected to sell off their entire current inventory with folks knowing a new model was on the way.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
    iMacs are not available for order...right now.

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by markst33 View Post

Are they aware that there are other options in Computers out there, do they care about their customers or have they become so arrogant as to not really care to even update their website believing that people will wait as long as it takes to get their hand on their products ?
    If there "are other options," you should pursue them.
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    21.5 iMac, Late 2011 Model. 500g HD, 16 Gigs RAM. Snow Leopard.
    Quote Originally Posted by codda View Post
    iMacs are not available for order...right now.
    So are the new iMacs not available in the US yet either ??

Specs:
    2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
    So are the new iMacs not available in the US yet either ??
    Thats right, and Canada hasn't got them as well.
    Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
    Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
    The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    So the long and short of it is that if you went into Apple with up to €3000 to buy an iMac you cannot spend your money as they do not have new ones or old ones there for you to purchase.

As I have never bought an apple product before can someone tell me if this is standard business practise with Apple ?
    This is a bit of an unusual situation (longer delay than usual)...meaning usually if Apple announces new products...there's usually only a short delay between the announcements & availability. Usually (in 90%+ of the situations)...availability of the new models is the very same day as the announcements.

As already mentioned...the new iMac models (that were announced back in October I believe)...are not yet available in the United States or Canada either. This info has actually been known since the new models were announced...so it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that has done their research.

As far as being upset that there are no old iMac models available either. Well...I REALLY don't think many people would want to buy an old model iMac...if they knew that new models would be out very soon. And no...if Apple were still selling the old models...they would not be discounted (Apple doesn't do this with brand new computers...only refurbished units).

I think that you're going a bit overboard here. Since you are new to Apple computers...you should really find out if the current situation is "normal" before "FREAKING OUT"!

And yes there are computer alternatives out there...but they aren't Apple computers running the Mac OS. If you want a brand new Apple computer running the Mac OS...then you MUST buy an Apple computer!!!

Now you do know...that if you REALLY gotta have an iMac computer ASAP...and you have €3000 to spend...you could always buy a used computer!!! But if you want a brand new Apple iMac computer...then you're just going to have to wait like everyone else!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    The situation here in the US is the same. Most stores, (Best Buy, etc) have sold out their stock of the previous iMac models. The previous model is in demand - especially the 21.5" because the newer ones are without an optical drive and can not be memory upgraded. (The new 27" model can still be memory upgraded.)

I did find some of the older models still on sale at a US Naval Base here in Fort Worth, TX. But that store is limited to military personnel and their families only. And their supply at the time was very low.

Rumor has it that the new iMacs will be available in the US sometime in December. No telling when they'll be available in the UK or elsewhere.

Thread Information