New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Wireless Keyboard and Emulators

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

banzaiengr

banzaiengr is on a distinguished road

I use an emulator via the internet for work. When I connect to this emulator, my keyboard will not work until going to system preferences - keyboard - and hitting the "reset defaults" button. At this point I can now use the keyboard with the emulator. I'm using a Mac desktop with the OS X ver 10.8.2 operating system. This issue started when I downloaded one of the latest updates in the last two weeks. Anyone know what setting or other issue could be causing this problem?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Welcome to Mac-Forums

Without knowing more about this emulator and how it is working, we can't begin to guess..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
banzaiengr

Wow, I couldn't begin to tell you much about this particular emulator except to say that it is a very old system. Anyway, I did some more searching and found this answer regarding some type of gaming emulator and it seems to have worked so far.

"Great.... so clearly we have a problem with something that is loading for your original user. Next thing to try is going to the System Preferences > Accounts and make a note of all the login items for your user. Then remove them all. Reboot and see if the emulator works. If so, then one of those items was the problem. It's just a matter of re-adding them one at a time to see what the culprit was.

If removing those doesn't do the trick, then something is foul in your Library. We'll tackle that last if need be."

I removed these items and rebooted, went to the emulator and the keyboard worked without the system preferences procedure. As info, the only item checked under login in items for my user was some kind of itunes item. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
banzaiengr

No, I guess that didn't work. Right after posting the last reply, I went right to the emulator and the keyboard didn't work. What was funny was that I went to system preferences - user accounts and login items, nothing was checked. I then closed system preferences and the keyboard worked. What type of info would you need regarding the emulator and could you tell me where I could find the info you need?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mini and Display Problems | eject disc from iMac 27 »