Graphic Design Student with questions

So I am, like the title says, a graphic design student. I am looking to upgrade but I'm stuck between an Imac and mac pro. Im on a budget of 3,500. So i can easily afford a maxed out 27'' Imac, and an average mac pro without the monitor.

I plan on using it for school (adobe photoshop, illustrator, indesign,dreamweaver, etc) and also gaming. Which i would plan to configure bootcamp to run windows when i needed to. For what i plan on doing, is it smarter to just get the imac now (or next week after the rumored update launches) or wait for the mac pro and save up, which is rumored to get an update next year.

So I am, like the title says, a graphic design student. I am looking to upgrade but I'm stuck between an Imac and mac pro. Im on a budget of 3,500. So i can easily afford a maxed out 27'' Imac, and an average mac pro without the monitor.

I plan on using it for school (adobe photoshop, illustrator, indesign,dreamweaver, etc) and also gaming. Which i would plan to configure bootcamp to run windows when i needed to. For what i plan on doing, is it smarter to just get the imac now (or next week after the rumored update launches) or wait for the mac pro and save up, which is rumored to get an update next year.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Please don't double post. Threads merged.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    If you need an imac now then get one, and whatever you do dont max out the RAM on the Apple store, get the installed RAM and source an upgrade yourself from Crucial or Performance Upgrades; FireWire USB SATA Storage; Memory, more at OWC
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

sorry new to the forums, found a better spot to post my question, and its nothing i need right away...and thanks for the tip on the ram, but if i have time to wait should i wait, or just go ahead and purchase one or the other

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    If you're a graphic design student, you probably don't have any need of a Windows program. So that should save you quite a bit of money.

At the moment, the iMac would be the smarter purchase (well, perhaps waiting till whatever happens next Tuesday). And we have NO idea when (apart from "2013") the next Mac Pro is coming out.

Thread Information