New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Weird marks on screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JoePal

JoePal is on a distinguished road

This evening I noticed some weird marks and lines on my iMac screen. I have no idea what they are or how they came to be but this is definitely new as of today. I tried a screen shot but the lines weren't showing on that, so I guess its a physical issue with the screen. Maybe something on the glass? Hopefully you guys know what I'm talking about and have some ideas on how it can be fixed. I get the feeling an Apple store appointment is in my future. Thank you.

Here's a picture I took on my phone that should give you a better idea of whats going on.

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Looks to me like it needs a good washing.

I just use a slightly damp paper towel on my screens.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
JoePal

JoePal is on a distinguished road

It looks like its behind the glass. I take a dry to damp microfiber towel to it about once a week, so its definitely not on the surface.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My imac sound is not working at all | MP1,1 will not boot or chime »