New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

My imac sound is not working at all

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AppleIndia

AppleIndia is on a distinguished road

i bought Apple Imac 21.5" last year, some reason i don't open the pack till last month. after started using the system,in 2 days , i found that System Sound is not working at all (Internal speakers,External speakers). i brought my Mac to nearest Apple store, they looked at the System,and told me that Logic board has gone,it has to replace it.

Please help me how could i restore it.
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

How are we supposed to help you?
If the logicboard is fried, then it needs to be replaced.
It cannot be restored.

SM

QUOTE Thanks
AppleIndia

AppleIndia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur3Mac View Post
How are we supposed to help you?
If the logicboard is fried, then it needs to be replaced.
It cannot be restored.

SM
replacing logic board is expensive than buy new imac!! dont have Apple Care with me now.. is there any other way to fix the sound issue other than replacing logic board?
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleIndia View Post
replacing logic board is expensive than buy new imac!! dont have Apple Care with me now.. is there any other way to fix the sound issue other than replacing logic board?
A logicboard replacement will cost around 900 bucks, and a new base model iMac 1200...
so there's a bit of a difference.
Afaik there's no other solution than the one I presented to you.

SM

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
i bought Apple Imac 21.5" last year, some reason i don't open the pack till last month.
A very bad move on your part. Why would you buy a new iMac and let it sit around for a year before using it? In a high humidity climate like India, that is not good for any electronic device. Like member "Sur3Mac" stated, you have no other choice but to replace the logic board or buy a new iMac.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mac mini server vs imac vs used mac pro for photographer | Weird marks on screen »