Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Desktops (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/)
-   -   Trash Picked Vintage Macintosh SE video :o) (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/286069-trash-picked-vintage-macintosh-se-video-o.html)

RetroGamerVX 10-04-2012 05:54 AM

Trash Picked Vintage Macintosh SE video :o)

Hi all, I recently found a Macintosh SE on it's way to be thrown out at work! The thing was black with dust and coffee had been spilt all over it! I'd never seen one before but there was a slight hope that it may work. I took it home and here is the resulting video: Trash Picked Apple Macintosh SE!!!! Plus a mysterious new computer! - YouTube

Please leave any comments you would like.

Regards

Steve

louishen 10-04-2012 07:53 AM

A fully working SE, yay

The video on mine has gone south unfortunatelly

Mac SK 10-05-2012 12:36 AM

Wow! Dude thats a nice machine...I have one that still works. I have 7.5 on it. And a larger HD in it.You can hook a SCSI CD drive up to the back or a SCSI to ethernet converter if you can find one.You can print to a postscript laser printer that has an apple jack. Or use a ethernet to appletalk adapter to network laser printers that use postscript with Apple laser 8 drivers.

dtravis7 10-05-2012 02:19 AM

Nice SE. I have one mint one in the apple bag and 1 other sitting around that is not mint but both work 100%. Very cool.

RetroGamerVX 10-08-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louishen (Post 1455490)
A fully working SE, yay

The video on mine has gone south unfortunatelly

That's a shame :'(

RetroGamerVX 10-08-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac SK (Post 1455861)
Wow! Dude thats a nice machine...I have one that still works. I have 7.5 on it. And a larger HD in it.You can hook a SCSI CD drive up to the back or a SCSI to ethernet converter if you can find one.You can print to a postscript laser printer that has an apple jack. Or use a ethernet to appletalk adapter to network laser printers that use postscript with Apple laser 8 drivers.

Yes, I now have a scsi zip drive for it, currently converting a mac serial cable to run to the pc for file transfer :)

RetroGamerVX 10-08-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac SK (Post 1455861)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtravis7 (Post 1455875)
Nice SE. I have one mint one in the apple bag and 1 other sitting around that is not mint but both work 100%. Very cool.

Thanks muchly, I didn't even know you could get a bag for them :)