New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Freezing.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nasa62

nasa62 is on a distinguished road

Ok, I have this total freeze issue on Mac Pro 3,1 24gb ram, Geforce GTX 285.
It only seems to happen when on the net but the screen does a little dance and then everything is frozen except for the mouse.
I have zapped the pram, pwer button in while power cable out, start in safety mode.
It seems to be happening more frequently now.
I took a video of it, see what you think.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37159063/Freeze.MOV
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Have you made any hardware changes recently, or installed new software…that could be causing the freezing?

FYI…the link is not working.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
nasa62

Your too quick mate! nah, I should have waited a few more minutes for it to upload to dropbox.
I have only put Mountain Goat on but it was doing it before that just not as often. Yesterday I had to reboot about 6 times.
Vid should be good now.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa62 View Post
Your too quick mate! nah, I should have waited a few more minutes for it to upload to dropbox.
I have only put Mountain Goat on but it was doing it before that just not as often. Yesterday I had to reboot about 6 times.
Vid should be good now.
Yeah…sometimes I'm too fast!

Yikes…that video is huge..it took a long time to download. You could probably cut down on the resolution & quality. If by freezing you mean that the cursor freezing & the video flickering…yes…I saw that.

If it only happens when you're on the internet…it may be some sort of conflict between the installed software on your Mac Pro & the internet browser you're using. If you're using Safari…you could try using Chrome, Firefox, etc….and see if that's any better/more stable.

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
nasa62

Yes it is big, I wanted you to get that "Cinematic" experience (not)
I just uploaded it straight off my iPhone.
Anyway, thats a good idea about trying a different browser, I hadn't thought of that! (Brain fart!)
Thanks, and btw, you have a great name as well!
Cheers
Nick
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Anyway, thats a good idea about trying a different browser, I hadn't thought of that!
Please post back after you try a different browser…to let us know if it helped.

QUOTE Thanks
nasa62

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Please post back after you try a different browser…to let us know if it helped.
Well, after a few hours of using Chrome I haven't had any issues at all and Im extremely happy about that!

So thank you for the help, its much appreciated

Cheers
Nick
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Well, after a few hours of using Chrome I haven't had any issues at all and Im extremely happy about that!
Hey that's great news…glad to hear things are stable!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Pro and 3rd party bluetooth | Connecting an HDMI Cable »