Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ok guys..successful ending to this one! The problem was the jumpers, if I wanted to boot from the HDD or CD drive it had to be set to Master or else it would refuse to boot, even if I set it as the Startup Disc. It was quite the run-around, but I got OS X.3 installed and it runs pretty good for only a 333mhz and 256mb of memory. I appreciate you sticking with me through the whole thing..even though it was a simple fix in the end!

JUMPERS..Holy Cow..Batman! Lesson 101...PPC Macs are not PC's ..Jumpers are always master. I couldnt figure what caused the run around. You guys need to tell us every thing you do when working on a machine. This could of been solved way back. Good you got it going and best of luck and enjoy your Imac.

Yeah..sorry about that. I had quite the interesting setup going. I had to use a full-size CD drive..so I had a PATA cable plugged in and sticking out of the front (think of a tongue) connected to the HDD and CD drive, with the power coming from an Enermax PSU I had laying around. It worked though, albeit with a little creativity. And lesson learned..jumpers are always set to Master on PPC Macs lol. Thanks again for your help, I greatly appreciate it!

Wow! Dude very creative indeed. Thats the way you do a G4 that has a CD drive when you have a DVD disc..rig up a DVD drive hanging out the side.

Yep, it's quite the setup..but it works! I take it you have/had a G4? Those are some pretty cool ones..I'd like to get one. So far I've only got a II GS ROM 3 from 1989, and the iMac mentioned in this thread.

Thread Information