Question imac isight camera+ipad=a/v baby monitor?
    I want to use our home wireless network and an ipad to keep an eye/ear on a disabled person via my imac's camera. Just so I can work outside or in another room and be aware if he gets up and leaves the room or falls or calls for me. There are a zillion apps, which i've spent hours reading about, but nowhere does it say if this is possible or how to do it. I don't yet have an ipad so I can't do trial and error. And if it won't work, it's a pricey mistake for me. Any ideas?

The Republic of Neptune
    It appears that iCam can do the trick. You'd purchase and install the app on the iPad, then download iCamSource off their website and install that on the iMac. The iPad app should then stream video captured by the desktop app.
    SKJM - iCam - Support

They have a support forum, so feel free to ask there to be sure it will get the job done to your satisfaction.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information