New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Faulty mid 2011 21,5 Imac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

superbiffel

superbiffel is on a distinguished road

Well so i got my Imac christmas 2011, and have had lots of errors with it. First it had a corrupt harddrive got that fixed a month after i got it, then it worked like a charm for the next 6 months. Then the problems started, all of a sudden it couldn't connect to the internet, bluetooth stopped working, it even froze on several occasions.
I have tried contacting Apple but that didn't help a bit.
So my question is if there is any way i can get a refund even though i owned it for over half a year?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiffel View Post
So my question is if there is any way i can get a refund even though i owned it for over half a year?
We have no control over what Apple does. You need to speak with and work things out with Apple.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
superbiffel

Well, what i was trying to ask if something like that was even possible.
And i contacted an apple hardware guy, he said he didn't know.
Don't know what to do with it :/
QUOTE Thanks
bboggess

bboggess has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Mountain Lion 10.8.4, Retina display iPad

You should insist that Apple repair your iMac. Should still be under warranty and put the ball in their court. I do remember hearing that macbooks and macbook pros have been replaced under warranty, but I am not familiar with the iMac line. Did you purchase applecare for it?

Bill
QUOTE Thanks
superbiffel

No i didn't purchase applecare. and just having the Imac checked can cost 100$.
I've had it checked up several times where they just tell me that they see a problem but then they have to check it even more which also costs about 100$.
QUOTE Thanks
bboggess

Mac Specs: late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Mountain Lion 10.8.4, Retina display iPad

Here is a link to Apple with the warranties spelled out. Was this a new or factory refurbished iMac?

Hardware Warranties

Bill
QUOTE Thanks
superbiffel

Thanks! :]
Solved my problem!
QUOTE Thanks
codda

codda is a jewel in the roughcodda is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboggess View Post
Here is a link to Apple with the warranties spelled out. Was this a new or factory refurbished iMac?

Hardware Warranties

Bill
Irrelevant...the warranty is the same for either.
QUOTE Thanks
bboggess

Perhaps I should have rephrased my irrelevant question. I did not mean to imply that the warranty was any different between refurbished products purchased from the Apple store vs. new products purchased from Apple. I was just curious as to what was purchased since the individual was having so many problems.

Sorry...

Bill
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiffel View Post
Thanks! :]
Solved my problem!
What was the solution? Maybe others can learn/benefit from it.

Thanks,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem using external modem with iMacG5 | upgrade Core 2 Duo to Lion? »