Thread: imac wont boot!

imac wont boot!
    I have a intel imac from 2010. About a week ago the imac stopped booting osx but continued to let me use windows on a separate partition of the same hard drive. I have erased, reformatted, verified and repaired the hard drive using disk utility and reinstalled osx (10.6) the smart status is also verified.

The mac will still not boot. However if i put the imac into firewire mode my macbook will boot using the imac's hard drive. Ruling out a problem with the hard drive itself.

Also putting the macbook into firewire mode and booting the imac from the macbook's hard drive also works! So i really dont know what the problem can be?

The Republic of Neptune
    That is extremely odd. My only real suggestion right now is to try resetting the PRAM. It stores a number of settings, including some related to the startup disk.
    Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information