New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Deleating and organizing files

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

crissy1

crissy1 is on a distinguished road

I'm a photographer and I have a lot of templates that I've downloaded. I've recently noticed there are multiples of the same files. Is there away to clean out my hard drive and get rid of the duplicates? I ran into a problem when I was transferring my files from my hard drive to my external hard drive. Some files went missing when I attempted to move the ones from my computer to the trash bin. I thought once I copied them to my external they would all be on there but they weren't. Now my trash bin is filled and I'm afraid of losing files that my be on there.
I would like to set up some type of organization for the files but don't know where to start.
Is there away to set up everything I download to go to my external instead of my desk top? This would help me a lot. Rather then transferring the files all the time.
I've noticed my computer is running a lot slower now as well.
Any advise would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
Grayw97

Grayw97 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacbookPro: 2.3Ghz i5 Processer, 8GB RAM, OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD

I know a program that will find all the duplicate files on your computer. It's called WhatSize.

Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac miniport to VGA | Help with PS3 camera and using it in chat rooms »