New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Found Today

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

I found this nice G4 Mirror Door 1.25gig with Studio Display on the side of the road. Everything works...had B-tree issue and had to reinstall the OS. Needs more memory has one 512 stick. Display has some slight scratches. I did like a 360 turn around into a side street and ran to get it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mirror door mac.jpg (94.1 KB, 65 views)
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Congratulations! Nothing better than free. Let us know when you get it fixed up. Looks like it's in great shape. (They were great machines.)
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Any old Mac find IMO is a good find. Fun to play around with. Upp the RAM and she will be a good machine.
What OS did you reload onto it? Leopard being the highest you can go.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Put 10.4 on it for now...will have to add more memory to do 10.5.4. Wish I could of repaired the issues and seen what has on it. Couldnt get the B-tree issue to repair.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 500GB HD

Nice! I want one of these. No idea what I'll do with it, but I've always wanted one.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.9
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac SK View Post
I found this nice G4 Mirror Door 1.25gig with Studio Display on the side of the road. Everything works...had B-tree issue and had to reinstall the OS. Needs more memory has one 512 stick. Display has some slight scratches. I did like a 360 turn around into a side street and ran to get it.
Very nice...and lucky!

I've seen folks asking in the neighborhood of $100-$150 for that setup on my local Craig's List.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Ohhhhh sexy.
Now i have seen the pics i can see why they have called it what they did.
Ill swap ya my pretty green G3 ??

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

GREAT find SK!! I still want one of those. Almost bought one when it was current, but $$$ fell through so got a G4 mini instead.

You are very lucky! Great find. Friend found a Dell Optiplex workstation same way and it was mint. Got it and gave it to me. Still a decent machine and works great.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
You are very lucky! Great find. Friend found a Dell Optiplex workstation same way and it was mint. Got it and gave it to me. Still a decent machine and works great.
Hey Dennis, if I knew you wanted one of those, I would have shipped the one I gave away out to you. We just gave one away fully loaded, even had MS Office XP business edition on it along with all the disks and licenses. Pretty good machine for its time.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Hey Dennis, if I knew you wanted one of those, I would have shipped the one I gave away out to you. We just gave one away fully loaded, even had MS Office XP business edition on it along with all the disks and licenses. Pretty good machine for its time.
What I was really looking for and found was a Small Form Factor SFF GX270 Workstation. Chris has one with bad caps I was going to fix but has been so busy, he never found the time to mail it out. Was in the Silicon valley with friends and at Weird Stuff Warehouse found a MINT one with DVD drive and a Prescott with 800 Mhz ram for not a lot. Bought it and it works great. Came with Windows XP SP3 installed. Put in 2GB matched pair of RAM. The real plus about this one is it does not have the Caps with the X on the top and they are all mint. Other 270's had the Nichon caps and all died over time.

I love messing with some old Windows machines that are still useable.
QUOTE Thanks
Germany_chris

Germany_chris has a spectacular aura about

an MDD will be my next purchase..

It's time for another G4.

Mac Pro 4,1 (Flashed to 5,1) W3570 3.2 Quad..48GB RAM..Gainward GTX 570 "Phantom."
MacBook Pro 5,2..2.8Ghz C2D..8GB RAM..240GB Vertex +
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

An excellent find! Doesn't get much better than free! But my question is, why can't I find awesome stuff like this on the side of the road? D:

-Evan
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDude121 View Post
An excellent find! Doesn't get much better than free! But my question is, why can't I find awesome stuff like this on the side of the road? D:
This was like 12:00 in the afternoon...zillions of cars had drove past it...I knew what it was the second I saw it...that the display was still there was the shocker. I ran from the side street across the front yard to get it.
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

Good find.. I found a like new eMac and the rare apple hifi that way, the eMac is worth at least 200 and the hifi 400.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Where is this road? !!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« imac blue screen | Should I upgrade my 5 year-old iMac? »