New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Restart, Shutdown and Waking problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ggmen1

ggmen1 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I have an iMAC 20" flat panel PPC sphere type system running Leopard 10.5.8. I am having issues with not being able to restart or shutdown my system from the apple icon. I can only shutdown the system from the power button. When I try doing it from the apple icon and choose either restart or shutdown I just get a progress wheel that keeps spinning and nothing happens!!!...also, the computer will not always wake from sleep anymore.....sometimes have to manually shutdown and manually restart!!!! System indicates I have 47.7 GB available. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
BSD Meister

BSD Meister is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Too many to list. Typically use an Intel iMac for most of my stuff and a Mini for web video.

Try this link:

Resetting the iMac (Flat Panel) Power Management Unit (PMU)

You didn't specify your system, but a lot of them (if not all of them) have an on board battery. If it's dead or dying it might be the cause of your problems.

Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
ggmen1

ggmen1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, will give that a try.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Newbie just bought Imac! | Upgrade ? »