New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Shutterfly page won't load in 10.6

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

janesprando

janesprando is on a distinguished road

Stats: Intel iMac;10.6.9; latest Firefox; Add-on QuickJava 1.7.9; Flash Player Plug in 11.3.300.257

I am trying to make a free photo book on Shutterfly. These are the steps that I have done:
signed in
selected photo book
8x8
Family Portraits
Select this style

And then this page opens: /http://www.shutterfly.com/custompath/viewEdit.sfly?fid=c2d57ccf877dd041c7e45aad1e0cdff4

The page does not load. I keep getting Just a moment for 2-3 minutes. I cleared the cache and Cookies. Restarted Firefox. Restarted the iMac. Still doesn't load. Safari has the same problem ---- page doesn't load!

I was on the phone with Shutterfly Customer Service for an hour and did the same steps with him. Page still doesn't load! His suggestion was to download Internet Explorer!

I can't believe that Shutterfly would shut out Macs!

Any suggestions on to get the page to load?

Jane

PS Interesting enough, Shutterfly will work on my MacBook Pro running 10.5!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I just tried it here using Chrome on my 2011 iMac and it works OK. You don't need IE to access the site nor upload a photo book. I don't know what's happening on your end to cause the error, but I suggest trying again, perhaps it was just a glitch on their side.
QUOTE Thanks
janesprando

janesprando is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
I just tried it here using Chrome on my 2011 iMac and it works OK. You don't need IE to access the site nor upload a photo book. I don't know what's happening on your end to cause the error, but I suggest trying again, perhaps it was just a glitch on their side.
i tried MANY times with Firefox and Safari and still couldn't get the page to load. I am trying to make a photo book on Shutterfly because I have a free one.
I know it has to be some App/Utility/? on my imac that is preventing he page to load, but I don't know what it could be.

jane
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New trash can? | Installing ssd in Mac Pro desktop? »