New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac mini late 2011 does not send signal to LCD TV via hdmi

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

panagath

panagath is on a distinguished road

Hello all, I have a mac mini late 2011 with latest Lion installed which I bought about 2 months ago. At the beginning I had it connected on my SAMSUNG 32" LCD TV (HDREADY 720p) via HDMI. It was working properly. The last month I had it connected on my 17" HP TFT monitor via vga adapter.

Yesterday I tried to connect my mini back to the tv. If I have connected only the tv, I can see the starting screen and then it disappears and the tv shows "no signal". If I connect both my HP monitor and my TV (vga and hdmi) then something really strange happens (!) when the tv is on, the mini does not recognize it at all, but if I turn the tv off then the mini recognizes the tv and I can choose the screen resolution.

Note that I have tried with different hdmi cables and at different hdmi ports on the tv.

Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Better. Value 13" MBA vs 13" MBP | I am in the possession of a 1994 Power Macintosh. How do I get this thing running? »