New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Eratic Wireless Keyboard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Colamps

Colamps is on a distinguished road

Is it a bad keyboard allready??

I have a Mini Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53) Please Help.

Problem:- Wireless Keyboard I think. On power up I can log in with my user name and password no keybord problem there I can key anything. However after boot up is compleat and all looks fine I then try to type anywhere after that a text or any search window also from Safari, No text only if I keep hitting the key it will sometimes work.

So what have I tried so far Batteries checked OK 100%, Confirmed within bluetooth
Also I deleted the bluetooth and reloaded it again from the start.
Still same problem. Do I need a new keyboard?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Assuming that it's an Apple wireless keyboard, is it still under warranty? If so, return it to Apple and they'll give you a new one. Do you have any other bluetooth devices? A mouse? Does is it work OK?
QUOTE Thanks
Colamps

Many Thanks chscag for your reply.

Yes I have a bluetooth trackpad whicks works OK except for one action, that is the two finger right click has stopped working, which allowed me to change my screen photo, I assume I changed something in the trackpad setup..dont know what.

Further I connected a wired keyboard to the USB, same result, can type name and password log on, however no further type except if I keep hitting a key repeatedly.

What do you think, should I try and restore a backup?. or as you say just return the keyboard to Apple. I am now unsure that it is a wireless keyboard problem.

Any further thoughts? would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

If a wired keyboard exhibits the same behavior as the wireless one, there's something else going on. Try restoring from a backup when everything was working right.
QUOTE Thanks
Colamps

Hello again and Thank you. and

Major embarrisment the Keyboard is now fine, if you want to experiance this problem go to System preferances, then into Universal access and here half way down select "Slow keys ON" how it got selected I will never know I would have no reason to selected this unless it was finger problems!

I wonder what it is for perhaps to help a person with a physical priblem?

Thanks again, Colamps.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Oops, dropped memory card in the CD slot | Need to replace the main HD in my G5... »