DVD player issue?
    I have several feature film DVDs now which have serial codes that I can use to obtain a digital copy of for use on my iPad etc. None of these DVDs will 'load up', nor will any other DVD films that I have to view on my computer. I am also unable to burn anything using iDVD onto blank discs which have recently been purchased. There is a wait of 10-15 seconds, some whirring in the background, and then the disc is finally ejected.

Although my mac is just over 2 years old, I had never used the disc player until very recently. CDs containing music do eventually load, as do photo CDs bizarrely.

Any information and/or help would be greatly appreciated, as I have a surprise video that I would like to record onto disc for my sisters wedding coming up in a few weeks.

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    There are multiple "heads" in a modern CD/DVD drive, and it's not at all unusual to have one fail, while the others work fine. Seems to me like you might have a bad drive. Unfortunately, the slot-loading drives are just not as reliable as a typical tray-loading drive.

If the machine is out of warranty, the easiest solution is to just pick up a cheap external/USB drive.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Thread Information