New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Streaming Desktop including sound

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bigtaff

Bigtaff is on a distinguished road

Hi. I have an iMac and wish to send web based TV to my TV.

I live in Dubai and my Wife wishes to watch BBC iPlayer and the like downstairs. We need to utilise a VPN for this and my router doesn't support running VPN so we run it from the Mac itself.

What can I do, either wirelessly or via a LAN Cable network, to get the images and sound sent to my TV? I've heard about Boxee, Apple TV and a few others but will they do what I want or will they only stream actual movies files and music etc as opposed to what I want to do?
QUOTE Thanks
Sketch.

Sketch. is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 2.5GHz i5, 4GB, 1TB

,Hi,

This particular item isn't available, but why not try something like this: Wireless HDMI HD TV Video/Audio Transmitter & Receiver: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Just get a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter: iWires Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter - Apple Store (UK)

Plug a HDMI Cable into your iMac and Sender and plug a HDMI lead in your receiver and TV. There's no reason why that shouldn't work

I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Restore function on PM G5 | My old iMac G3 won't start up - Help needed to fix the problem »