New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

PowerMacG4 Tower: Sleep mode pulsing light was disabled: can't remember how.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rockin' Kat

Rockin' Kat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: You state that as if I'm only supposed to have one.

Hi,

So I've got the G4 Tower out, and it's now running off of a 650Watt ATX power supply... and there is this one thing I'd really like to change about it... the sleep mode pulsing of the power light was disabled so it just shuts the power light off instead of making it pulse...

This was handy when this computer was in a bedroom where someone had to sleep, but that is not the case, and the lack of visual indication is a bit annoying now.

Problem is though that whatever software (and it was software) that was used to do this does not appear to be on it anymore (or at least it's not obvious).

I'm hoping that through some small chance, someone here might remember what I'm talking about and be able to point me to a link for it as I can't seem to find it through Google. I know it was done with some kind of software tool and that it was supposed to be reversible.. but that doesn't help if I can't find the software or documentation.

That is all.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Do you think a Mac Mini Will be Good for me? | USB too slow on Mac Pro? »