Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Desktops (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/)
-   -   iMac 24" 2008 later like a monitor. (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/275070-imac-24-2008-later-like-monitor.html)

lfsart 05-17-2012 02:12 PM

iMac 24" 2008 later like a monitor.
 
Hello everyone, ( So, in first sorry about my terrible english, I am brazilian)

Somebody can help me? I need to use my iMac 2008 later like a PC's monitor. Can I do that?

Thanks,
Luiz

louishen 05-17-2012 02:59 PM

What video out ports does the PC have

chscag 05-17-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfsart (Post 1406119)
Hello everyone, ( So, in first sorry about my terrible english, I am brazilian)

Somebody can help me? I need to use my iMac 2008 later like a PC's monitor. Can I do that?

Thanks,
Luiz

No, because your iMac has no video input, only output. You may be able to use software to get it to work though: ScreenRecycler

lfsart 05-17-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chscag (Post 1406136)
No, because your iMac has no video input, only output. You may be able to use software to get it to work though: ScreenRecycler

Ok. Many, many thanks. I will try to do this.
By the way, if I buy a new iMac, I will get my iMac like a PC's monitor?

Regards, Luiz

lfsart 05-17-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louishen (Post 1406134)
What video out ports does the PC have

Hello,
The PC has VGA port, and HDMI port only.
Regards, Luiz

chscag 05-17-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

By the way, if I buy a new iMac, I will get my iMac like a PC's monitor?
Only the 27" iMac has both input and output for video. However, keep in mind that the new iMac machines use the Thunderbolt port which is backward compatible with the mini display port. The problem is with cables and adapters for Thunderbolt and getting it to work with other monitors.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.