New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

can't watch my burned dvd's

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

A17

A17 is on a distinguished road

hey guys !
i just got a macbook pro, iused to have a pc...so i'm kind of new to all of this.
my problem is that i can't watch my burned dvd's it says that it's a blank dvd and asks me if i want to burn it ........please HELP MEEE.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Tell us how the DVDs were burned on your PC? Unless you burned them to the Joliet standard and the session closed, they probably are not compatible except on the machine you burned them with.
QUOTE Thanks
A17

well i'm not sure what joliet standards are ,i'll look in it.... but i burned them as data ....does that help??.....and i burned most of them with iTunes, and for example i burned a dvd for a friend that has a mac with the same program and computer(same way), and he was able to see it. so i don't know.....
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

iTunes doesn't burn DVDs, so try again with that ...
QUOTE Thanks
A17

Chad thank u for the essay it was very helpful....but now i have another question, on point 4 where says that security it's handled :s ....i recently bought MACKEEPER, does it help, or i just threw away my money ?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
i recently bought MACKEEPER, does it help, or i just threw away my money ?
I'm sure chas would agree me on this. Yes, you just threw your money away. Do not install MacKeeper. Please search our forums for more info on it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screen is cracked. No led damage. Need help | iMac 24" Mid-2007 Problems! »