New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac 24' (2006) white screen after Apple/rotating circle

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Harry.E

Harry.E is on a distinguished road

I do have a white screen on my white iMac 24". (before I had the folder with question mark, defective HD). Tried everything...reset NVRAM, SBR. The strange thing is that I can do everything such as start-up in safe mode, X, D,V(erbose) etc. I hear the normal startup sound, the Apple sign and rotating circle but after that a white screen.

I made a connection with firewire cable with my Macbook Pro and installed OSX Leopard fully, see everything ... wallpaper, icons etc! So harddisk is working properly but when I start up and saw the Apple and rotating circle.... the screen goed blanc!

Because I can get to the coloured (blue) Diagnosis screen (everything 100%) I don't think the Logic board or video is faulty.... i did also replace the CR2032 battery ....

Who can help me!!!

regards Harry.E Netherlands
QUOTE Thanks
Harry.E

Harry.E is on a distinguished road

I did SOLVE the problem!!!

After connecting an external monitor (disconnect lcd flatcable) I discovered that I had the famous stripes. Conclusion .... Graphics card! After disassembly it, i did the oven trick!

The card in the oven 200 degrees 4 minutes (after pre-heating 200 degrees 10 minutes) and ..... it worked. Installed Lion and everything fine and up and running.

CAUSE: overheating through the years
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacPro seems to be dead? | Half of display screen not working-lines,lines,lines »