New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac 17 intel

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Deefrank1955

Deefrank1955 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ipad 2,iPhone 4s & 5 ,20in imac

Can someone help? My friend gave me an Imac 17in intel and I get an apple flashing w/a stop like circle over top what does this mean. Please any input appreciated
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

It means it can't find an operating system to boot from. That could mean a defective hard drive or some other problem. Did your friend include the original disks that came with the iMac? Also, if possible tell us the exact model you have.
QUOTE Thanks
Deefrank1955

Deefrank1955 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ipad 2,iPhone 4s & 5 ,20in imac

She did not have them lost I guess
It reads IMac 17/1.83/128/VRAM
It has 1gb 512 x 2
160 gig hdd
Serial qp62703xu2r if this helps
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac fans | What is the allowable fan speeds in rpm? »