New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

old computer and installing firefox

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

yayagal

yayagal is on a distinguished road

I have a 12 year old Mac and always used Firefox as my browser but somehow I accidentally deleted it and now, when I try to download it, it won't install. Is there a special way to download it? I have all my bookmarks there and so anxious to get back to it. Any help will do.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

What Mac do you have and which version of OS X or OS is it running? I suspect you're trying to download a current version of FF which will not install on your machine. You need to find a version of FF which is compatible with the version of operating system you're running.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

If you remember which version you had, you can get it here from Mozilla's FTP server.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Mac-Forums Investigates MacKeeper - Confused about MacKeeper? Take a look at this review.
QUOTE Thanks
yayagal

yayagal is on a distinguished road

It's a Mac version 10.2.8
I managed to load the right Firefox and he used it all day yesterday but, today when he turned on the computer, the icon in the dock is missing. Just the firefox 6.0.dmg and firefox setup 8.0.1 exe
I know I'm supposed to slide one of them over to the application file but where is the application file? I have a new macpro so this is sooo different to use and I'm stymied and he's frustrated.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

If you are using 10.2.8, you can't use anything newer than Firefox 2.0.0.20.

To install it, mount the downloaded disk image and simply drag the icon onto the Applications folder alias that is present on the disk image.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Mac-Forums Investigates MacKeeper - Confused about MacKeeper? Take a look at this review.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

You would be better off with Camino.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgrading RAM on 2011 iMac. | How to make Spaces not show the picture on middle of screen »