Specs:
    Imac 21.5 2011 Stock with Time Capsule. Ipad2 Colecovision
    LED screens and eyestrain - resolving issues
    Hello Mac Maniacs

I am sensitive to light and when I first got my Imac the very next day I had the biggest headache and my eyes were burning.

I googled and read everything under the sun on how to help aleve this issue.
    I turned down the birghtness but not sure if that causes the eye strain and headaches.

I do the 20/20 method where I will be on the computer for 20 mins then look away for around 20-30 secs and that has worked pretty good. I think my eyes just needed to adjust. I feel 80 percent better.

One thing I cannot seem to fix is the bold lettering and sometimes fuzzy text. Any ideas on that? I have my display at 1280 x 720.

I see a lot of people that have issues with the Mac LED displays. Give it some time and your eyes may auto adjust like mine did. Still not 100 percent but I am getting there.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    If you set your iMac's resolution to anything lower than it is supposed to be, it will appear fuzzy. A better solution is to leave the default resolution and then adjust fonts and text sizes to be larger to alleviate eye strain.

Specs:
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
    you can set the resolution to the optimal, but then zoom in the fonts and other stuff to help with eye strain. also, you can dim the display a tad to take the intensity down. Keep other lights on around you at the same brightness as the screen - this will help keep the differences brightness when turning your head about from straining your eyes from trying to change to the differences in levels. Stay away from fluorescent lighting.
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
    MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
    iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2

Specs:
    Thanks guys. What is the recommended resolution for my Imac?
    I think the default ones made my text look like little ants and websites were gthe size of a penny.
    I have very little light in my room so it is just the daylight that peeks in from my window.
    At night my room is completely dark, I live like a Vampire

Specs:
    Retina MBP 15" 2.6 1TB ssd/16gig ram /30" dell 3008. and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
    working in the dark with a bright led screen will almost always result in eye strain for me. I would add a little lighting in the room to balance things out, jmo.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Whatever the highest setting is under your system preferences is usually the default.

Then hit Command and + on websites to increase the size of fonts..

Using Tinkertool you can also increase the default System font size: TinkerTool: Screenshots

Specs:
    Thanks Aptmunch and Groovetube

The only light I have is Florescent though. I hope that doesn't make any issues for me. I will tell you this the screen itself is a work of art.

Specs:
    13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
    Invest in a desk lamp, they're fairly inexpensive and then have it bounce off a wall behind the iMac. If you're naturally sensitive to light, sitting in front of the mac in the dark isn't doing you any favours at all.
    Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!

Specs:
    I normally don't do myself any favors My only favor so far is getting the Imac
    Now I have no PC issues but I feel like Mr Magoo

Specs:
    Just an update my eyestrain is close to being 99 percent better now. I try to have at least 1 light on while on my computer and I think the majority of it was to adjust my eyes to a high quality LED screen. I had the same issue with the Ipad as well.

I know eyestrain is a huge issue for many viewing LED displays for the first time. I did a google search and to this day people are still reporting problems.

Thread Information